Healthy for the Holiday's
Most people love the Thanksgiving meal but with the change of season and family gatherings we have to be extra careful to support the immune-system. One of the easiest ways is to give cranberry sauce a health makeover. This sugar-free immune-boosting recipe can give you an extra boost over the Holiday season.
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 3 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 3 tablespoons of ADAPTIVIR tonic herbs
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 2 sticks of Astragalus
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried cloves
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin C powder (optional)
- Stevia to taste (or if you prefer maple syrup)
Did you know?
- Cranberry may help to prevent UTI’s
- Cinnamon may help to control blood sugar levels.
- Astragalus boosts the immune-systems force field, wei qi.
- Lemon and Orange peel have bioflavonoids shown to modulate inflammation.
- Eating pectins found in citrus and cranberry, with a meal can slow the absorption of fat and sugar.
- Grate the orange and lemon rind and place in a medium pan. Squeeze any juice into the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan, place over medium heat with ½ cup water and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and taste for sweetness.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one week.